Become an Animal Reiki Ambassador and raise awareness for animal Reiki in your community.
Help us spread compassion and healing for animals and their caregivers through Reiki practice.
Recognize and honor animals as spiritual teachers and healers.
To raise awareness around the globe of the healing benefits of Reiki for animals as well as honor all animals as our spiritual teachers.
To achieve this, we encourage shelters, sanctuaries and other animal welfare organizations, veterinary clinics, animal groups, animal-related businesses and individuals who love animals to organize Reiki events in celebration of World Animal Reiki Day.
In addition to larger, organized events, celebrating can also be as simple as lighting a candle to honor your animal teachers, sitting in silent Reiki meditation with your animals, or doing a compassionate act for your local shelter or sanctuary.
Unite the world animal Reiki community by sharing your thoughts, messages and pictures of your celebration of World Animal Reiki Day on our Facebook page . For Twitter: #WorldAnimalReikiDay and tag us @SARA_news
World Animal Reiki Day is organized by the volunteer members of The Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA), whose mission is to bring the healing benefits of Reiki meditation to rescued animals and their caregivers worldwide. We welcome all animal Reiki practitioners from all lineages and forms of practice to join us to celebrate this special day!
February 5 was the birthday of SARA President Kathleen Prasad's first animal Reiki teacher, Dakota. An Australian shepherd mix, Dakota was rescued from Sacramento Animal Control as a puppy and spent over sixteen years by Kathleen's side. In addition to awakening Kathleen to the benefits of Reiki for animals, Dakota inspired Kathleen to create the Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA). To view a memorial tribute video to Dakota's life click here.
Spreading the celebration around the world brings people together for healing, compassion and honoring of animals. Together, we can make a better future for animals in the world!
SARA Sponsored Events:
• Join Kathleen Prasad to share Animal Reiki with the BrightHaven animals at BrightHaven in Santa Rosa! February 5, Noon – 3pm. to attend this special event. Space is limited. $25 love donation to BrightHaven.
• Tune into a live message of healing and light for the global Reiki community and dedicated to the Animals of the World, with Kathleen Prasad via Google+ at 1pm Pacific. CLICK HERE to join live or watch the recording after the live broadcast:
• Facebook photo contest Feb 1-4! Prizes
CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR PHOTO
Organize Your Own Event:
• Awareness & educational events at shelters, sanctuaries and other animal organizations• Conferences & workshops• Animal Reiki sessions or chair sessions for animal caregivers• School animal Reiki events to educate the younger generation• Radio & TV interviews to raise awareness of animal Reiki & World Animal Reiki Day and its mission
CLICK HERE for some helpful tips in organizing your event!
CLICK HERE for a budget spreadsheet.
*Be sure to take photos and post on SARA's FB and Twitter (be sure to include the hashtag #WorldAnimalReikiDay and tag us on twitter @SARA_news!
Order your World Animal Reiki Day items:
- World Animal Reiki Day Vinyl Stickers
- World Animal Reiki Day Logo Mini Buttons
- World Animal Reiki Day 2.25" Buttons
- World Animal Reiki Day Refrigerator Magnets
Learn about Reiki for animals:
Reiju and Animals Should we attune our animals? Kathleen explores this controversial topic Visit Kathleen's Corner for more!
SARA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit supporting ethical, professional animal Reiki treatment and training programs in shelters and sanctuaries all over the world. Won't you join our community? Become a SARA supporter today!
Healing Quest Video
Intro to Shelter Animal Reiki Association
Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA) is a special project of Animal Reiki Source.
Membership Terms and Conditions | SARA Terms and Conditions © 2008-2016 Shelter Animal Reiki Association
Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA) is a California non-profit corporation, exempt from federal tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.